There are a number of things that jump into people’s minds when it comes to credit. Here are just a few of the most common credit FAQ and some quick answers.
- How do I build my credit history without going into debt? You can put money into a savings account and then borrow against a portion of that money. It will cost you to build your credit, but you can ensure that you make your payments.
- Can a self employed person get credit? Yes – two years of self employment income needs to be provided.
- How many credit cards are too many? Any credit cards can be too many if not used wisely.
- Do student loans hurt my credit rating? Student loans do nothing to hurt your credit rating as long as they are paid on time and in full.
- Is the internet the best place to find a loan? The internet is safe for finding a loan but you should research any company thoroughly before signing a contract. Should I use a consolidation loan? Only if you have already changed your spending habits to reduce and eliminate debt.
- Where can I find a debt counselor for free? The best place to start is at your local church.
There are many more Credit FAQ but these are some that will help you begin your search for your credit answers.